Car trouble

I was driving down the highway and car would not accelerate anymore it started clicking noise. I pulled over and noticed anti freeze leakage and my car was over heating. Oil was burnt up too. Before I shut car off it died. Everything went out. Had towed here charged battery added fluids when I turn key over engine rattles. Any ideas? thanks. Oh I have a 97 Ford Taurus

Were there any warning lights? Did you ignore them? How far did you drive after it would not accelerate and how long after it started clicking?
OK now you likely have some expensive engine damage. You will need a shop to take a look and determine the extent of the damage. If you have lived right, it might not be so bad, but I fear this one is big.

I think it would be more correct to say you HAD a 97 Ford Taurus.

When you say the oil was burnt up too, what do you mean? How much oil was in the engine when it quit running?

I agree with the others who said that this car (or at least its engine) sounds like a goner. Whether it was dangerously low on oil to begin with and then suffered damage as a result, or whether it first overheated and suffered damage as a result of that scenario, or some other sequence of events took place, it is apparent that some very serious and expensive damage has occurred.

From this distance, it is not possible to figure out the exact scenario, and only a mechanic who can examine the engine personally can tell you exactly what the sequence of factors might have been, but one thing is pretty definite–that the fix will not be a cheap one. Please let us know what the mechanic tells you.

Good luck in resolving this problem!