Car stalls only when gas tank is half full

ignore my earlier replies; I erred; my car was experiencing a dying fuel pump; after I changed it out, all problems stopped ;

Thanks for the feedback about the fuel pump being the actual problem @Jared_Michaels ā€¦ glad you are back on the road with a reliably running M Benz.

1 Like

brother, i had the same problem in my nissan tiida 2009 japan model.The float guage was not working properly and if the fuel tank became half the vehicle will start to stall.once i put full fuel every thing ok.so please share the experience to do

Iā€™m having the problem, where when the gas gets to 1/2 it starts to stall after taking sharp turns, and as the gas goes down it becomes more frequent, even from not so sharp turns.

Back to suspecting a weak fuel pump, sock filter, or gas filter. Do a fuel pressure test on it and carry a big hammer or 2x4 to bang on the tank if it stalls. Donā€™t buy cheap parts.

I was thinking a 1988 is a fairly old vehicle to be on the road today. Then I saw the date of the post. Thatā€™s like a 2000 today.

I suspect the problem that Cadenluke1_182679 has involves an in take fuel pump that is coming apart on the pick up or suction side.