Car speakers

Is it possible that my car speakers (2003 Murano with Bose system) go up/down or on/off in volume when I brake and/or accelerate? It sure seems to me that they do.

I know some convertibles automatically turn up the volume on the entertainment system when top is put down.

Look in the owners manual if there’s anything mentioned about automatic volume control with the entertainment system.

Tester

It’s very possible. Many audio systems adjust the volume based on speed or ambient noise levels. It’s a feature that can be turned off or adjusted so that the volume increases more or less. Even my modest Hyundai with its base audio system has that feature. If I get it set right I don’t even notice the change, but I also don’t have to adjust the volume often.

Yep you need to find out how to adjust the system and turn off the speed sensitive feature.

It’s called Speed Compensated Volume (SCV) on GM vehicles. I first saw it on a 2000 Blazer, the sensitivity can be adjusted or turned off. It should be explained in the Owner’s manual.

Ed B.

Of course it’s possible. It’s probable. It’s likely. Cars have had this feature available for about 15 years I believe.

I would also hope that your wiper speed varies on its own depending on your speed.

@texases “Yep you need to find out how to adjust the system and turn off the speed sensitive feature.” Why?

?? If she doesn’t know how to adjust it she can’t set it where she wants, right?

I didn’t think he was complaining, I thought he was remarking how convenient it is.