Car Repair Bill - Am I Getting Ripped Off?

Just to point out there is a procedure for a Nissan throttle relearn, and its more involved than just starting the car and letting it idle. Requires at least three specific steps to put it in proper learning mode. The procedure can be found in a Nissan service manual or with a search at NissanForums. But keep in mind that myself and others have ultimately been required to bring it to a dealer with Nissan ConsultII software to successfully have the idle relearned. You might be able to do it with a heated garage, but you need the ambient temp to be in a specific range and your oil, coolant, and transmission fluids at specific temps while all electrical loads are off in the car ( including day time running lights).

Michael , it would be more productive if you would keep to current threads . Seldom does anyone who asked a question months or years ago ever return to the site . They have either solved the problem or given up .

Still practical, useful information for anyone searching for specific info like this.

1 Like

What you will never see are the people who got their answer by reading a thread here but not posting anything. Frankly, I don’t understand the aversion to enhancing old threads with new information. It’s not only about the original poster. Untold number of people could have been subsequently helped by reading these threads.

3 Likes

I answer questions if I can. I figure it’s for the next guy reading this or researching an issue.
If the actual OP showed up and asked I could refer him/her to instructions and the relevant pages from the Service Manual. The procedure for the Altima will be the same as for the X trail with the same 2.5 engine.

1 Like