Car burning oil

This type of response is unacceptable, watch the language & chill a bit.

We get all kinds of first time folks who post questions and the information is incomplete or inconsistent. That is why we ask for clarification. We are not seeing what you see so we can’t just figure it out. Also since we are doing it for free we are not going to spend time trying to deconvolute various posts. We are not going to assume anything. So help us help you by providing clarification.

But since you want us to draw conclusions based on what you posted, I will assume that you ignore your oil for 4,000 km wait for a warning light to tell you that you have damaged your engine, than want to rant about paying to repair the damage you caused.

4 Likes

The oil level being a quart low will result in engine damage? What is the point of having an oil level monitor?

2 Likes

Keep adding oil whenever it needs it and you may be able to keep her going for a good long while. Your car is suffering from a common affliction: old age.

I had an old chevy with this similar problem, needed a lot more oil than your ride id currently using. She kept going as long as I kept adding oil.

1 Like

again if you read my message (it’s literally the second comment on this post, it was the first question i answer, it is literally the first few words of that comment and if your to lazy to scroll up here it is again “No oil pressure is fine”) i said if you wanted clarification the first time i didn’t care, its that i spelled it out many times and the same people still wanted clarification like they where waiting for me to say the exact words they wanted. many people had no issue figuring it out. So next time figure it out, that’s what i say.

if you want clarification read ANY of the messages i posted after i answer every question many many times, but no one seemed to read them and just kept arguing acting like they wern’t. and you also prove my point. i clarified later that i did not let my car hit the low oil light but YET AGAIN people insult me even tho i did clarify that, no i don’t let it hit the low oil LEVEL light, i just know it’s been burning the same amount since the problem started cause it has used exactly 5 liters of oil every 4000km like clock work (i cant believe i answered this AGAIN). if you want clarification JUST READ. i answered the same questions with the same people over and over again how can i not get mad and frustrated. i am never using this site again, anyone who was actually interested in the result i am sorry but i am so far past using this site again for any reason good day.

that’s what i have been doing and the problem hasn’t gotten worse yet, so letshope it isnt to bad.

I just looked up Lexus oil light, and here’s what I found.

Never doubt what the owner is saying.

Tester

Ok, I’ll bite. You say the oil pressure is fine. So I ask; what IS the oil pressure?

3 Likes

around 40-50 psi. aka perfectly normal, thank you for making me waste 45$ on something that WAS CLEARLY NOT THE ISSUE.

You did not clearly answer the question, Most posters on this forum have not owned your vintage Lexus. When asked if you were referring to a low oil level light or a low oil pressure light you kept repeating “low oil light” which could refer to either.and then got snotty to people were trying to help you.

2 Likes

No i said over and over again that it was not the low oil pressure light, take a hint.

I suggest that you go back and re-read your own posts.
At no time did you say it was the oil LEVEL light was on. You did say the oil pressure was fine but initially gave us no reason for that conclusion. You just kept using the term low oil light like it was a matter of pride for you not to have to be more specific.
I will not bother you with more communication.

3 Likes

It seems reasonable to believe that a driver would respond to the low oil level warning long before the remaining 4 quarts of oil is lost and the low oil pressure light is lit, the question of which light was on seems obvious to me.

The disappointment I see is that there were a dozen people poised and waiting to post a lecture on checking the oil level every Sunday before church.

Read the posts. The OP in his first post SAID the “low oil light” came on every 4000km.
A number of people questioned whether this was the low oil level light or lack of oil pressure light.
The next day the OP said that he NEVER allowed the “low oil light” to come on.
So which is it; on every 4000km as stated or never as stated?

I reiterate. The reason for asking about whether or not it was a low oil or lack of oil pressure light is because many people have come onto this forum mentioning a “low oil light” and the reality was that it was the red oil pressure, or lack of, light they were referring to.

The OP also stated they carry a 5 Liter jug of oil around with them to get from one oil change to the next. So either light could be an issue. Forty or fifty PSI of oil pressure is fine; unless that means cold oil pressure and it drops to 20 with the engine at normal operating temperature.

And I did NOT make you waste 45 bucks on an oil pressure check.
YOU stated the oil pressure was fine.
I simply asked what IS the oil pressure based on your statement that it was fine.
This means more than likely it was a question you did not have an answer to and you then chose to have it checked so you could provide a numerical answer.

Like oldtimer_11 I’m out of here.

2 Likes

The horse is dead. I think it’s thoroughly beaten and tenderized. :horse:

4 Likes