Cant shift when flooring

Try this; vehicle stopped, first gear, brake released, clutch pedal fully depressed, now hold the engine speed at 4000 RPMs or higher. If the vehicle begins to drive away, the clutch is dragging.

Was already thinking this, i checked the slave with a camera. When I press there clutch pedal a tiny bit the slave does move out instantly without any delay. Is it still possible that my master does build up enough pressure to move out the slave instantly but but enough to disengage my pressure plate fully?

About the 2x4 bleeding trick. When I remove the wood the pedal should come up right? No matter if the clutch pedal is depressed for many hours

Check for brake fluid near the clutch pedal push rod on the firewall inside the vehicle.

Have checked like couple weeks ago but nothing. Will check later itā€™s here now 5am, i remember when clutch depressed fully without any brake on at about 5500 rpm it does creep a bit but not sure needs a retry.
is it still possible that my master does build up enough pressure to move out the slave instantly but but not enough to disengage my pressure plate fully?

I would replace the clutch master before replacing the pressure plate, one of these is causing the clutch to drag.

Thanks! Yes I donā€™t really have the time, place and money to get the tranny out ATM. Any idea about the questions I asked in previous post about the clutch master?

About the 2x4 bleeding trick. When I remove the wood the pedal should come up right? No matter if the clutch pedal is depressed for many hours

is it still possible that my master does build up enough pressure to move out the slave instantly but but not enough to disengage my pressure plate fully?

I would expect the clutch hydraulics to hold pressure for many hour as should the brake master cylinder.

Who cares? It is leaking and needs to be replaced.

3 Likes

And if your slave cylinder is external, replace that too. Often when one goes bad, the other is close behind.

Good one! I might found finally the issue, can this be caused to a brake master cilinder which does not build up enough pressure?

My brake pedal has pressure but when engine is on I can like push my brake pedal all the way down to the rubber stop rear brake pads are new fronts are like 80%

Havenā€™t measured front disks

The clutch pedal on my Corolla has a return spring attached to it. Check under the dash to verify your return spring is still there and attached on both ends. On my Corolla, the car right from the factory, the spring was there, but it had come loose from its moorings. I expect this was caused at the dealership when they installed a theft prevention gadget under the dash, they inadvertently knocked the spring off.

I expect Nevada above is correct, after checking the pedal return spring, replacing the clutch master cylinder your the next step. Not an uncommon thing at all. Iā€™ve had to replace that part on my 30 year old Corolla 3 or 4 times as I recall. A diy repair can be a little tricky b/c of access problems, since it is usually located in a tough to reach corner of the engine compartment. You may need to buy some specialized tools if you decide to diy.