Can you buy a used car without visiting the dealer?

Yes, and it is also possible to jump off of building and survive the fall, but I certainly wouldn’t recommend that anyone takes the chance. I’m very glad that it worked out for you, but I would urge others to not follow your example.

2 Likes

Most people jumping off buildings survive the fall but not the impact. Sorry. I couldn’t resist.

1 Like

I don’t think I was insanely lucky or anything here, but I did admit risk was involved. EBay has a lot of safeguards in place for buying used cars, and there are multiple reputable companies that offer pre-purchase inspections. The one I actually got to test drive was the one I most quickly turned down after getting the pre-purchase inspection results, even though I would have never known it otherwise. Like I said, I appreciate the feedback received, but I don’t agree that buying used cars from afar is wildly risky and absolutely not worth it, at least when the right precautions are taken.

A bud bought a karmen ghia that way, he was happy enough, a few flaws but you take a chance for sure.

It can be done but I wouldn’t advise it, unless you have a trusted mechanic in the area check it out for you first. Even then it would be risky IMO.

1 Like