Can the Idle Air Control cause a kick when shifting?

So I have a 2002 Kia Spectra. I know the IAC has needed replaced for a while but It hasn’t really been a n issue at all until today.

So last night my car’s transmission started to kick when shifting gears. Mostly between first and second but at other gears sometimes as well. This morning it was still kicking and I figured my transmission was going out. However when stopped at a stop light I noticed that my car was idling rough. So I turned it off and tried to turn it back on and it wouldn’t start. At least not for about 10-15 minutes. So I was wondering if the IAC could be causing the transmission to shift rough at all?

the simple answer is NO

As said above, NO, this is unlikely to be related to the IAC. But I’ll add a small caveat. If it was idling at a much higher than normal idle rpm, the driver might experience some kicking from the transmission when shifting from neutral to drive. I had this happen w/my Ford truck one time, something went askew with the carb and the fast idle rpm went way up. Shifting from neutral to Drive with a cold engine was definitely an experience. But I doubt it would be noticed otherwise, at higher speeds and higher gears it wouldn’t be a problem, at least from the transmission.

If you put your car in drive and don’t press of the gas, with the brakes released, and let it go on its own, how fast does it go?