Camaro SS paddle shift transmission

I think it’s obvious why chevy isn’t / won’t provide alternative programming after the sale.

However, the aftermarket often provides options with lots of disclaimers. Perhaps this will do what you want- http://www.jegs.com/i/Hypertech/533/32006/10002/-1

Chief247
Sorry for the delay in my response, had some computer issues. I just got another call from GM. "Still awaiting word from the engineers on their “software fix”."
TwinTurbo
But I’m not seeing why it is “obvious why chevy isn’t/won’t provide alternative programming after the sale”. Do you mean because it is then an admission of a fault, relating to CAFE standard compliance? I still have some “Magnuson Moss” reservations before I go to Jeg’s. No reflection on them or HyperTech, I’ve been well pleased with one of their units with my SSR previously, but not ready to go it alone yet vs the big guys. The SSR was long out of warranty when I redid the shift points in that one.

Finally the Camaro is working perfectly. I turned off the "Active Fuel Management (Displacement on Demand) and it couldn’t be smoother. Big thank you to CC Performance of West Chester. No more lugging at all in any mode, auto or sport. (never had the trouble anyway in manual mode). Just wnated to give you guys the final result. Thanks, Fran

@frankelly How did thay turn it off?? Was it a re-program or is there a hidden switch??

Glad its fixed, now go burn some rubber !!

Plugged in the laptop using aftermarket software, located the DOD “disable” dropdown, and ckicked it and hit enter. No hidden switch. GM won’t do it for you, nor will they tell you how. They need to protect themselves with the CAFE / EPA concerns. I was just lucky I found a guy who is a good high tech tuner to do it.

Glad it worked out for you. On a somewhat related note, I know a couple guys who had the same thing done to their Hemi Ram pickups, though for a different reason. Around where I live, it’s almost customary to straight pipe your pickup truck, even brand new ones. When the Dodge started putting active fuel management (same as DOD) on their hemi pickups, what was happening was the the V8 Hemi engines would drop to four cylinder mode, and the throaty V8 burble from the exhaust suddenly became wimpy and flaccid, clearly unacceptable. So the people with the Hemi Rams, had them tuned to disable the DOD, and all were happy.

Also if you had gotten the manual Camaro SS, this wouldn’t have even been an issue as it lacks DOD :slight_smile: