California has more cars than any other state

I would imagine those are the counties where most of the residents are honest, hard working people who deserve more than they are getting from the state and federal government @old_mopar_guy

It was actually the 4th Star Trek Movie “The Voyage Home” (aka. Save the Whales). The only vessel that had the name Enterprise in the movie was the Aircraft Carrier.

1 Like

The long term parking garage near our company is higher price
but it’s close to work and they offer perks. Other garages are cheaper, if you get there early enough to get a spot. Many fill up before 9.

Those are the counties that are most populated by retirees from New York, New Jersey and other upper east coast states. Considering the counties with the most violent crime are Dade (8th), Palm Beach (22nd) and Broward (24th), not sure that is quite accurate.

The west (or Gulf) coast is predominantly mid-western folks from Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. I think those residents would take exception to your over-generalization of east-coasters. Especially since their counties are 44th (Lee), 49th (Sarasota), 57th (Charlotte) and 58th, (Collier) on that same list.

1 Like

I saw the Enterprise Carrier when I was in Norfolk Va.one time.

True! “Early Bird Specials”

There are tours of the battleship Wisconsin at the Nauticus Museum in Norfolk, VA. I enjoyed our tour. The museum is fun, too.

1 Like

We have the battleship USS Iowa here :+1:

On the tour, the docent was at a loss when it came to the 16" guns

I had to point out the rifling and explain the purpose . . .

1 Like

Honestly @db4690 ? That’s kinda sad

The Iowa is on my must see list. And not knowing about the ship’s entire reason for existing? :worried:

Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough

The docent looked at the 16" guns and didn’t know what the rifling was, or its purpose. He thought they “were just a bunch of scratches”

I showed the group what the rifling was, used the proper term, and stated its purpose . . . and also explained what the alternative would have been, the smooth bore firearms from past centuries with lousy accuracy

I’m no kind of firearms expert, and I wasn’t trying to be a smart alec on the tour, but when I saw the docent struggling to explain the “scratches” . . . I thought I could help the guy out

4 Likes

Did you maybe think about contacting whomever is in charge of the tours and suggesting their docents get some extra training? There’s no telling how much misinformation has been put out.

No . . .

I went on one tour a few years ago

While I did get a kick out of the tour . . . in spite of the somewhat questionable information . . .I don’t see myself going back on a regular basis

Therefore, I don’t see a great need to suggest the docents get extra training

1 Like