Buying services

I think many of us would have agreed and also gone for that

2 Likes

Here in Hampton Roads, Virginia, we have various “Priority” Dealers… Acura, Chevrolet, Ford, Honda, Hyundri, Infiniti, Nissan, and Toyota… And they offer “Priorities for Life” on New cars: Oil and Filter Changed For Life, State Inspections for life, Parts & Service Guaranteed For Life, And Towing For Life…

On their Certified Used Cars, Oil and Filter Changed For Life, State Inspections for life, and a less inclusive guarantee on the power train…

I know the dealer who sold my wife her brand new 1985 Toyota Corolla, with her Engine Guaranteed For Life, Oil and Filter Changed For Life, State Inspections for life, Parts & Service Guaranteed For Life, And Towing For Life, cringe every time we stop by… Sometimes it’s just to say Hello. I’ve written about this previously, we bring a big bag of Breakfast Biscuit Sandwichs when we stop by for service and even sometimes just to say Hello…

We also have the same warranties and guarantees on our 2019 Toyota Corolla SE…

And it pays off, on two separate occasions when the '85 was in for “heavy” service due to the wait for parts, the Corolla was placed in the garage in one of the unused stalls rather than being left out overnight in the lot… They treat our Baby right…

Pick your dealer and Treat Them Right Also…

1 Like

Got $500 better deal than costco from the dealer.

I had an excellent experience using Costco. They give you a certificate number and refer you to a dealer with the car you like, or you can order one. The dealer has to be in the Costco program. The downside is that if there isn’t a local dealer selling the brand you want, you have to travel a bit.

More often than not, it pays to let the dealer find the financing for the car when they get a kickback from the lender for bringing them business. Then once you are out the door with the registered vehicle in your name, you can take out another loan at a lower interest rate and payment. I ran the numbers when I bought my $60,000 truck in 2021. The dealer took $500 off the Costco price just by using his financing. I quickly took out a loan from my credit union and cancelled the dealer loan. I don’t know if the dealer got his $500, but I I saved about $75 a month with the lower rate.

Dealer wanted 5.6%, credit union 2.6% no change in price of the car by financing elsewhere.

1 Like

In that case, then you are far better off with the credit union. It pays to shop around for both the car and financing!

And that dealer’s finance shop isn’t doing its job,

or they’ve just decided not on pass the kickback to you.

Again it pays to shop around.