Buying a 2003 Honda Civic GX (Natural-Gas Model)?

There are different incentives and advantages for alternate fuel vehicles versus dual fuel vehicles, tax incentives, parking and HOV lane use.

An owner of a dual fuel vehicle could operate exclusively on gasoline and yet take advantage of the alternate fuel vehicle privileges if there were no distinction between the two.

The Club Ride special parking spaces where I work are void of any real car pooling drivers. Owners of hybrid and alternate fuel vehicles are allowed the use these spaces. Flex fuel trucks and SUVs (gas hogs) are permitted to park in these spots however E85 is hard to find today and these drives are not using it. To allow flex fuel vehicles a parking privilege is an error in our local system.

I had posted this, I wonder why it disappeared?

I may be a little paranoid but in my area the CNG stations are un manned as a rule and not in high traffic areas. That means that if I need fuel at a late area I am at risk for some cretin to rob me .
The other thing is the number of posts we get where someone has put diesel in a gas vehicle how bad can they mess up using a CNG pump.

That’s a little bit out of date…there are 2 stations in a 20 mile radius from my house that offer CNG (south central PA)

Here’s an interactive map, bigger dots, still less than 1,000 total stations:
https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/natural_gas_locations.html#/find/nearest?fuel=CNG

And here’s a 2015 map:

1 Like