Buy out my 2018 Audi Q5 lease Or a new 2022 Honda CR-V SE

is that much different from buying the car and then trading it in early ?

Depends on the original price of the car. my experience I worked out near even plus the sales tax being saved. 30k+ new car price, buyout 17,900, 11k in lease payments, &780 or so sales tax saving, less $216 gap insurance. 2017 Rav4 xle

A lease payment is just easier to keep track of depreciation. Nowadays? It’s skewed a bit.

There is one guy that advises to never tell others how much you paid because people will criticize your actions.

There are several others that recommend owning and then selling your luxury car when the warranty expires out of fear of the future repair costs and to accept the $25,000 depreciation.

The people on this message board will find fault in everything you do. Hard to imagine that there are people who can afford to possess and use nice things.

3 Likes

The Honda!!! the Q5 will cost you money when something goes wrong with it!!!

The person has already posted that they changed their mind about the Honda .

1 Like

If you are writing about depreciation then you are using a vehicle for business in some way, and leasing becomes a whole lot more reasonable. And if you buy out the Audi at the end of the lease you’ll have to generate that $32,000 from somewhere that might be better used to grow your business. Cash flow is King. Ask your tax person what’s the best choice.

A Toyota is a good line of cars. A hybrid or ev is the mandated future. So, you got that going for you.

To be fair, my advice has always been to buy the cheapest vehicle which will meet your needs, keep it as long as possible, and avoid spending money just because something “newer” is available. I prefer to drive an economy car, and to literally keep it until it no longer runs, and cannot be repaired anymore. My “needs” are that the car should start on the first or second attempt, stay running until I turn it off, accelerate when I want it to, slow down/stop when I want it to, steer where I want it to, and that it not overheat, leak fluids, or make funny noises. And of course, it must have comfortable seats, a working heater, and a working stereo.

1 Like

Even gets am?