Buick lesabre

i have a 2000 buick lesabre v6 3800 series 2 engine and every now and then when accelerating it will miss out, i dont know what it could be

That’s all the info you have for a bunch of strangers none of whom have seen or driven the car? Something tells me that you do know what it can be - people will start giving suggestions and you’ll start saying “oh, I already did that”

There are lots of reasons and engine can miss. How about you save us the trouble and give the run down on maintenance and attempts to fix this.

Is the check engine light on?

yes check engine light is on i figure maybe the ecm needs re-programmed or the timing chain needs replaced.

doubtful it is the timing chain. When were plugs last replaced? A bad coil, and some bad ignition wires are very possible. You need to get the codes from the check engine light and post them to get more help.

Go to a chain-type auto parts store - most will pull your codes for free. There’s no point in doing much until you have the codes. The code format is “P1234” - you just want to post the actual code(s) - not what anyone says about them.

Plug(s)
Plug wire(s)
Just one third of your coil pack

If you have an Autozone or O’Reilly’s in your area, they will give you the code(s) for free. Get those and post back.

I would start with the spark plug wires, first.

I had a '92 Buick Park Avenue ultra (supercharged Series I engine), and every 6 months to a year, I had to replace the spark plug wires, because they would fail, and when the car was under load accelerating, it would stumble and miss quite bad.

As soon as the wires were replaced, everything was perfect again.
Never mattered what brand wires I used, they all did the same thing after 6 months to a year.

BC.