Bralke line nut - Toyota

Apologies,not a mechanic, sped read over line wrench I guess, I learned something new today, I never heard it called a line wrench.

You are correct, db4690. The wrench I have is certainly
nowhere near the quality of a Snap-On. Iā€™ll let the PB blaster do its thing again overnight. If that doesnā€™t work, I MAY take the old Bernz-o-Matic to it and heat up the nut. I donā€™t like using torches under a car, with Evap and fuel lines running nearby. I figure taking the car to a shop and having them just loosen and re-tighten the nut would work, IF theyā€™re willing to do that.

I had a performance tools line wrench in a 3/8 -7/16 size, the 3/8 end broke so guess it was not very good quality. I bought it at a parts store in a hurry when I needed one. I now keep it near the TV because the coax ends are 7/16.

Line wrenches is one place I never compromise on quality. Learned that the hard way. Whenever possible, I use two wrenches, spaced just far enough apart for my hand grip to squeeze them together. That way, you apply all the force on the fasteners and avoid torquing on the lines. I really like the design of that vise grip and now I need to get one. I recently bought a new adjustable pliers that automatically adjusts and has a hex design built in so it grabs around the entire nut. The downside is it needs clearance all the way around. My prior go to for rounded off compression and flare nuts is a small pipe wrench 4-5" because they are designed to grip harder, the harder you push on themā€¦

My local shop will be loosening the nut for me this week. He told me he has quite a few Snap-On and Matco tools to do it.
I just donā€™t trust my wrench (and myself) to do that without turning what should be a simple task into a disaster. Shop owner has no problem with me installing hose. I expected (and wouldnā€™t blame him) if he resented not letting him do the whole job. But he is a busy shop, and has enough work to do.

I agree. I wish I had that tool. Iā€™ll have my local shop loosen the nut for me (Itā€™ll cost me a few bucks, but a lot less aggravation than having to re-flare a brake tube if I screw-up.