Brakes feels funny

I just did a front end brake job on my 1995 chevy 1500 pick up. They worked fine for about a week but now, they feel spongy. I bled all four brakes the day that I re did the brakes and again yesterday. Still, sponge central. Any suggestions.

Did you replace the wheel bearings at the same time? If so, I would suspect that one of the races was not pressed all the way in, and now it has seated, leaving a loose wheel bearing that is pressing the piston far back into the caliper.

Did you use the brake pedal to bleed the brakes? If you had rust in the master cylinder, pressing the brake beyond its normal stroke may have ruined the rubber on front piston in the master cylinder.

Did you use the brake pedal to bleed the brakes? If you had rust in the master cylinder, pressing the brake beyond its normal stroke may have ruined the rubber on front piston in the master cylinder.

+1

would the above issue cause the brakes to be mushy or spoungy??

Normally, mushy/spongy means air in the system, but since it seems unlikely that air got into the system a week after the brake work, I tend to look for other explanations.