Brakes and shocks - do I need to replace or not?

I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. About 2 weeks ago, I bought new tires at Big O. While the car was there, I received frantic calls about the rear shocks and rear brakes. The message was they needed to be replaced ASAP. The car was due for regular maintenance (120K miles) about a week later anyway so I held off because the dealer would inspect and recommend replacement as part of the package. The dealers checklist showed okay for both brakes and shocks with ‘3 mm’ written next to the rear brakes. Last year at this time, the dealer recommended replacement of the front brakes (and other stuff), which I did. Basically, the dealer is not shy about recommendations and he knows I usually accept them. So, my question is, is it more likely the dealer missed something or was Big O trying to get me to ask them to do brake and shocks work?

You have supplied the facts,Big O said urgent situation,Dealer said OK, the call is clear,not likely the Dealer missed what we mechanics call a “gravy” upsale.

An old scam, call about ‘urgent’ needs, sell unnecessary repairs. Lesson: Stay away from Big O!

If your dealer is someone you trust stick with their recommendations. Big O maybe facing tough times in a tough economy and be recommending items that are not quite needed. Always follow your gut instincts. They are there for a reason.