Brake Job - Need Advice

@Jman136, ask everyone you know who they use to fix their cars. Eventually, you will get a couple places mentioned often. They those places. There are many good independent garages that do excellent work. They are usually a lot less expensive than the dealer. Try one of them.

@keith … just curious, what do you mean by “captive rotors”?

I think captive rotors are the ones that need the wheel hub removed for removal.

Galant is correct…cue the 94-97 Honda Accord…what a PIA… esp when we are used to rotors being so easy to change with the non captive type.

Want to hear something interesting though? On those Accords…front rotor jobs for warpage were honestly few and far between… Im not sure if this was a product of superior metallurgy OR perhaps the added ability for the rotors to “Heat Sink” into the hub and other components better?

In the captive type, I mean the hub was literally pressed into and thru the wheel bearing and also mated up strongly to the Axle/Outer CV joint. You had to disassemble the front end to do rotors basically… The Upper ball joint, The lower…the axle the caliper and bracket…basically EVERYTHING. This “Heat Sink” theory seems to hold some water for me at first ponder.

Blackbird

If so, that’s definitely something to check before purchasing a car. Such a configuration would turn a simple rotor/pad job into a massive undertaking , probably requiring an alignment.