Brake Bleeding

This is probably a rookie question, but I am having trouble bleeding the brakes on my 23 T-Bucket since I replace the rear brake lines. Everytime I pump the pedal to bleed the brakes it goes straight to the floor.

The first time I released the bleeder screw I got bubbles and fluid. The 2nd time Nothing.I release the bleeder screw 1/4 turn and closed it quickly, very little fluid comes out. Fluid lever is fine in the master cylinder. Have added fluid once. With this condition I can not get any firmness to the brake pedal.

If you are doing this by yourself get a hand pump vaccum bleeder from your local parts store. It works great and you don’t have to pump the pedal to get the air out. Just remember, do the farthest wheel first, which should be the pass. side and then do the driver side and don’t let the master cylinder run dry.

By the way, I noticed your user name has SOONER in it. Are you from Oklahoma?

Open the bleeder screws for the rear brakes and let it sit and gravity bleed. Don’t let the brake master cylinder run empty.

Tester

You could do that on a car but a T-Bucket usually has the master cylinder mounted at or below the level of the rear brakes. Usually requiring a pressure valve to keep a slight bit of pressure in the lines because of this fact. Gravity may not help in this case.

If you use a clear fish aquarium hose, and fit it over the bleeder screw nipple, hold the clear hose on, loosen the bleeder screw 1/4 turn, and let someone depress the brake pedal several times, you could bleed the brakes much quicker.
If you don’t get brake fluid to come out in a little stream, the brake hose is likely deteriorated and is blocking the hose. The hose can look wonderful on the outside; yet, be deteriorated internally. The fix is to replace the hose(s).

Not fm Oklahoma. Understand your asking, but just a name I use. Have a great new year. Sooner