Both right and left blinkers flash too quickly

2002 Subaru Outback wagon. Both my right and left blinkers flash too quickly. I have checked, and all the bulbs are ok. They I think the rapid flashing happened at the same time for both sides, not sure though. I have a remote starter and a light hook up for a trailer, if that makes a difference.

Try replacing the flasher unit.

Tester

Yes, the trailer light hookup can make a difference. Is it an electronic box that combines the brake and stop lights into a single light for each side?

And did you install LED signal light bulbs in the car?

1 Like

I’ve had the trailer light kit for a couple years. It’s an integrated unit. Plugs into the cars wiring harness and has a little digital converter to deal with the trailers LEDs. I didn’t make any changes or do anything to the car to bring about the change. It just started one day.

Is the flasher unit the only other component in the circuit? If it’s cheap I’ll throw it at the problem.

Then I agree with @Tester, it is likely the flasher. They generally are pretty cheap.

1 Like

May need to change out the blinker fluid… kidding, Sorry just couldn’t pass it up… :rofl:

2 Likes

Original blinker fluid.

Tester

4 Likes

dang, got me!

Those modules can fail, unplug it and see if the problem is corrected.

Something to check before replacing the flasher
relay.

Subaru turn signal blinking fast — Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice | Automotive Repair Tips and How-To