Body shop takes too long to repair! what can i ask them for?!

OK hit the nail on the head… If they can’t get the wheels into alignment it’s more than likely the car should have been totaled. But they are in too deep now to do that…I would be demanding a new car from the insurance company. That’s what insurance is for…Let them sell the rebuilt wreck…

I agree that most shops would go out of business. But I know a few like that which are thriving. They’ve been around for decades and have a great reputation. One does extremely good custom paint jobs that is popular with the custom restorers.

the truth is,
sorry i do not metion that
the body shop asks to repair every single scrape, like the little scrape by the key at the door. if there is only one on a door , they will fking replace the whole door and ask insurance for that.

the civic was crushed on the left side but the body shop also replace everything on the right side because there were scrapes/dents on there, though they were not visible. they said that should be from the accident and wth they just want to make money from that.

thats why i want to make a certain date of repair, i dont want my car to be a tool for that

“We had customers at the dealer body shop that I managed that did just that. They drove out with a new car and when their old car was fixed it headed straight to the used car lot.”

common sense,
i have already traded in once. thats my first accident over my life but none of them is my fault. last time I did the trade in after 11 months since buying the new car when the car was fixed and i lose money for that. it is not really fair.

this second time i dont want to do it just get rid of that. I am willing to just drive this fixed car.

last time, my previous car’s bluetooth was nonworking after repair and the car was weird when i drove it, that can be one of the reasons for the trade in. Two repairs are in this same body shop bcuz my dad recommends that.

last time i did not ask for anything i just waited them to finish and they made the bad thing and they still made my car bad. SO i am worry about what hidden problems will bring in the car when they finish repairing. IF do so, i have to negotiate with the shop again about the new problem and i have to wait again,

@spinach797-Just because you try to disguise your profanity this is not the place for it. Edit your posts, no one here has caused you any problems.

Isn’t the repair being paid by the insurance of whatever crushed your parked car? It should be repaired to pre accident condition and depending on your state laws you may even be compensated for diminished value. A rental should be furnished until the repair is completed to your satisfaction. I would suggest taking any complaints to your insurance agent and letting them deal with the other insurance company.

I was bumped in the parking lot of WalMart last February in my Sienna. The other party was at fault. The damage was only cosmetic-scraped rear bumper and small dent in the rear quarter panel. The other party’s insurance insisted that my Sienna had to be fixed right away. I said that I really needed the van and could it wait. The answer was “no” and we will rent you a van while yours is being fixed. The estimate for the,repair was 3 days. However,the body shop wanted to keep the van over the weekend to make sure that the paint had cured, so the insurance company extended the rental van for three more days. I was asked to choose the body shop and when I got there the rental was,waiting for me. When I was told my van had been fixed, I drove over, left the rental and drove away in my van. Now that’s the way it should be.

@Triedaq

shows that the other party’s insurance cover the fee of rental. but in my case the party and i are in the same insurance, i do not know if they want to compensate me twice in rental. I am trying to contact the agent

@spinach797 I think the insurance company of the party that hit your car should pay for a the rental. It shouldn’t make a difference whether it is or is not the same carrier you have. In my case, an agent from the party that bumped my car called me after my car was returned. I thanked him for taking care of things and told him that if I were responsible for an accident, I would expect the my carrier would treat the party whose property I damaged to be treated as courteously as I was treated.

Even though the offending party has the same insurer as you do, they should still pay for a rental until your car is fixed. A friend 's car was in the shop for over 3 months for repairs after an accident caused by someone else. He got a rental for the full time at no cost to him.