Blinding bright tail/ brake lights... super bright LED's too bright?

“I asked my ophthalmologist about it…he said it comes with age…Just live with it.”

That’s exactly what I do, and I’m fortunate to be able to.

The next step in this technology has got to be light load sensing for dimming.
While nice and bright in the sun light of day, the same lamp should be less bright at night. I’m kind of glad to see this new-tech led brightness in the bright daytime, yet I also kind of agree about the night time brightness being a bit over whelming.

conversely ;
The old T-birds with lamps all accross the rear looked real sharp at night but were barely visible in bright sunlight despite the number of 1157 bulbs in there.

Tailight brightness istrictly regulated. The middle tailight is not allowed to be as bright as the others because it is more in the face of drivers behind.
Once I enter a turn lane, I cancel my signal so that it is not annoying the driver behind as we wait. But I turn it on when we proceed.

Having been rear-ended, I see the value of having bright brake lights.

The problem with brightness are the drunks who are drawn to them like a moth.

Police cars with lights flashing (much brighter than any tail lamp) are rear ended on the expressway break down lanes here on a somewhat regular basis by drunks who actually drive AT the bright lights.

The standard shows support for a modulated CHMSL. Motorcycles can use a modulated headlamp (low to high beams) in some states. Haven’t seen any statistics indicating effectiveness of either method although it almost seems obvious that it would be more noticeable. Then again, never underestimate the drunks…

TT: “Motorcycles can use a modulated headlamp (low to high beams) in some states.”

You can modulate any light on a motorcycle, and as long as you aren’t trying to impersonate an officer, you can pretty much modify your lights in any way that will make your bike more noticeable. You can legally modulate your brake light, add additional brake lights that flash, as long as the lights are the correct colors.

In NH it’s the color of the light that’s regulated. Blue is for cops only, red for first-responder vehicles, and yellow can be used by anyone to indicate a hazard (yellow is required for some vehicles).

Drive down the street with a flashing blue or red light and you will be stopped unles you’re legit.

You can’t have a flashing red light on your car? What about all the flashing red turn signals out there?