Best chemical/solution/stuff to use to clean inside and outside windshield glass

Regular black and white newspaper is the best thing I have ever used over rags or paper towels.

transman

I went to “Sister school” when I was young and had more than my share of detentions. The Nuns had slave labor . . . the kids who got detention . . . to clean everything and anything. They taught us how to clean windows, mirrors, floors, clothing . . . and I still use some of their methods. The best way to clean glass is to mix white vinegar and plain water 50-50. Spray it liberally on your glass and wipe off with crumpled-up black and white newspaper. Nothing better and costs almost nothing. Rocketman

Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I picked up some Castrol Super Clean and some newspapers, but the Super Clean made my windshield worse. It does say not to leave it on glass
but it was only on for the time it takes to wipe half of a windshield, and considerable elbow grease wasn’t getting it off. Picked up some Sprayway (and more newspaper) and got all my windows crystal clear in minutes. All this to say be wary of degreasers on glass.

You did not put the super clean on full strength did you? It should be heavily diluted for glass.

My 2012 Camry still outgasses, we have no smokers but get a nasty film onthe inside of the windshield since new. I use rubbing alcohol from the Dollar Tree and old towels. We never throw out old towels, the progression goes, people towels, dog towels, car cleaning towels, shop rags.

That’s probably it. I have the spray bottle, not the gallon jug so I just sprayed it on as-is. What’s the dilution ratio?

Are there directions on the bottle? I have used Superclean before, it will make a dirty greasy lawnmower look like new but I have never used it on windows, nor any application I could not spray it on, stir it around with a brush and hose it off. It takesa lot of water to hose it off.