Battery Light Illuminated

Diyer, never worked on a Fiesta. Or even seen the engine compartment. Are you saying every Fiesta ever made w/a 1.6 TCDI engine, anywhere in the world, that if routing the belt incorrectly, and alternator runs backward is physically impossible? If so, then a backwards running alternator must not be the reason for the OP’s alternator light, eh?

OK, let me reword this as for some reason people want to pick a part everything someone says…

It is possible BUT not probable…

It is also possible to fall out of an airplane and not die, but the chances of that happening is slim to none…

Is it possible to fall out of a plane and survive?

Image result for is it possible to fall out of a plane from high up and survive

Parachutes. There have been some incredible instances of people falling out of airplanes without parachutes and surviving. Take the story of Alan Magee, an American airman who survived a 22,000-foot fall from a damaged B-17 bomber over France in 1943.Nov 18, 2020

Yeah, there is a bit of that going on today … lol … not from you btw. I find your posts good and informative for the most part.

Parachute theory: No parachute is needed to sky dive. Only needed if you want to do it twice.

I’ve made some pretty bizarre mechanical-assembly errors over the years, so I’m pretty sure I could make the alternator-backwards mistake myself if it was a serpentine belt arrangement. Diy’ers post here from time to time about putting belts on with the incorrect number of grooves. So I’m not the only one.

1 Like

This is what drives me nuts about car parts. Why in the world do we need two belts that are identical in every way except one belt is 1 mm longer than the other? What possible design reason can there be to need 40 thousandths of an inch longer/shorter belt?!? That’s probably within the manufacturing tolerance +/- of either belt fer crimminy sakes…

1 Like

He must be a Bumble- I heard they bounce :wink:
-Yukon Cornelius