Battery failed in less than a year; bad luck or something else?

Update: I just heard from our mechanic. He replaced the battery under warranty. The alternator checked out okay. Apparently @db4690 was right about Delco batteries.

1 Like

+1

There’s a place near by that only works on starters and alternators. When my father-in-law’s old golf’s starter died, they fixed for a fraction of the price of a new one

1 Like

Any idea who is making the batteries for ACDelco now? Do the battery labels say? I know years ago, they were made by Delphi. After Delphi, they may have switched production to Middle East Battery (in Saudi Arabia), which was 49% owned by Johnson Controls. But Johnson Controls sold off its battery division and is now Clarios. Clarios has several brands, including Optima, but no mention of ACDelco. Web searching hasn’t produced any definitive info on who is producing ACDelco batteries now. Maybe still Middle East?

We both live near Buffalo NY, I think our climate is kind to batteries. We have never had a 100 degree day.

No idea

that said . . . I have a hunch that the AC Delco gray label factory batteries that come with the new cars are NOT made by the same guys that make the AC Delco blue label aftermarket batteries

But I’m not going to spend any time researching it . . . it won’t change anything, anyways