Battery drain on 1995 Monte Carlo

I have a frequent - almost constant - problem with my 1995 Chevy Monte Carlo. It’s the best looking car in our town!!! BUT I have used 7 or 8 batteries in the last 15 years. I got a new one four weeks ago and the darned thing won’t start today! I’ve had it to the dealer several times for this particular problem and the only thing they’ve said is that I need a new battery. There must be a drain on the battery somewhere but no one seems to have any ideas. Since you have plenty of ideas I thought I’d write to ask if you can HELP ME!

You have a 1995 car and your are taking it to the dealer for repairs and maintenance??? Start by finding a good local INDEPENDENT mechanic. I suspect he or she will be able to find the correct the problem far quicker and cheaper than that dealer.

Dealers are no better (or worse) than independent mechanics for almost anything you might need done on your car.  They will almost always charge more per hour and often more for parts and supplies.  They also tend to look at repairs a little different than the independent. 

A dealer may well recommend work that strictly may not be needed, but could be connected to the problem or maybe replace a part when a little repair would fix it ALMOST as good a new.  

There is no need to bring your car to the dealer for any service other than service that is going to be paid for by a recall or original warrantee.  During the warranty period be sure to have all required (as listed in the owner's manual) maintenance done and to document all maintenance work.

I suggest that most people would be better off finding a good independent (Not working for a chain) mechanic. 

Note: Never ever use a quick oil change place. They are fast cheap and very very bad.