Battery died from listening to the radio?

There’s definitely something wrong if listening to the radio with the key in the accessory position for an hour prevents cranking. What the problem is, hard to say without further testing. If cleaning the corrosion from the battery connections didn’t fix it, what I’d next is fully charge the battery w/a battery charger (which may take up to 24 hours depending on how run down it is), then performing a “load test” or “conductance test” on the battery. That will tell you if the battery has any life in it or not.

1 Like

If a battery is so weak as to need a jump to start the motor then drive it home and hook it up to a proper battery charger. DO NOT drive your car to charge the battery, it will not charge fully. Draining a battery is destroying it slowly and not properly charging it is hard for the alternator as well. A battery load test device can be found on Amazon for $35.00 at least I found one.
Learn about batteries if you want yours to last as the cost of batteries is skyrocketing. People neglect and abuse batteries…
Do you not have a radio at home or do you live in your car??
And the slot where you put the key in is the ignition lock not switch. The ignition switch is located farther down the steering column, usually.

I’m wondering if the op is not telling us about the 3 amps totaling 5000 watts and the 15 inch sub-woofers.