Bad wheel bearing VS New wheel bearing 2022

Read the description in this YouTube video

I don’t get it. And yes, I read the description.

The whole video is a guy spinning the new and old wheel bearing. The old one makes noise, the new one doesn’t. What’s the point of the the video?

Showcasing a DIY win, I guess? If so, good job, OP.

Getting clicks to make money and hoping for subscribers and I think Spam . @cdaquila do you think spam also ?

2 Likes

The text is in the video as stated;

"This car is 2006 Toyota Corolla currently has 243000 miles . that old steering knuckle with the old wheel bearing in it is the original OEM one. the shiny one is the new steering knuckle from Autoshack. bought those pair of steering knuckles from Amazon for $180 plus $80 for outer tie rod ends and ball joints.total was $260

repair shop quoted me $500 to change both front wheel bearings.

I’m doing the job myself. you could buy the bearing from your auto parts store take that whole old steering knuckle to a repair shop they’ll press it for you for $65 for both sides $130 without taxes. I opted to buy the whole knuckle assembly in case I get the same problem again in the future."

As long as my original factory knuckles were in good shape . . . I’d press in new high quality bearings

I’m the same way with brakes

I’d rather cut my factory rotors, versus slapping on cheap rotors of questionable quality

3 Likes