Bad to baby engines? Seems to be the case from my experience

I run my engines moderately as a rule,the only trouble I have is when I drive like a teenager,on the other hand my neighbor down the hill didnt used to believe in babying His engines,He used to go through engines like a junkie goes through drugs-Kevin

I agree. We had a 4 cylinder truck when I was growing up and it was a total dog. This was even with the manual transmission so I can’t imagine what the automatic would have been like. Either way, I know this one didn’t get babied as you had to run it hard to just drive around. We didn’t keep it long for that reason. IT was just so underpowered.

Yes, I have had the person in a nice car going slow in the passing lane. It is frustrating with any car but a fast car seems to make it all the worse. For example, there was a Charger SRT series going 45 in a 65 on an uphill passing lane next to another slow car. My guess is they were texting but made it so no one else could pass.

I agree it is all within reason. If you put around like a grandma and never get the engine warmed up, you are going to have sludge and deposits. If you run it near red all the time, you are eventually going to break something. I definitely seems that when trying to give a neglected engine some TLC, a little spirited driving may actually help clean things out and free sticky rings.