Bad gas?

MY 85 TOYOTA 4X4 PICKUP WITH A FUEL INJECTED 4 CYLINDER ENGINE HAS BEEN IN STORAGE FOR 2 YEARS(BEEN ON MILITARY DUTY)…I DIDN’T DRAIN THE GAS OUT OF THE TANK BEFORE LEAVING…UPON RETURNING HOME- AGAINST ALL ADVICE-I STARTED THE THING UP WITH THE 2 YEAR OLD GAS IN IT…IT RAN ROUGH AT FIRST THEN SEEMED FINE…NOW ITS RUNNING REAL ROUGH AND BELCHING WHITE FUMES OUT THE TAILPIPE=OH BOY!..ANY RECOMMENDATIONS OTHER THAN BEATING MYSELF SILLY WITH A HEAVY WRENCH?

Use a wet noodle. It hurts less. Remove the gasoline from the gas tank and the fuel filter. Refill with fresh fuel.

Todays gasoline is unstable. It can break down into an asphalt like mess. After draining and refilling the tank, you might try a product like Sea Foam or BG 44K and if you are lucky, that might clean things up…

Gasoline is rather stable, even after sitting around for two years. You got your car started and running, didn’t you? But clearly you would do better to use new fuel. As others have advised, drain out what you can and pour in fresh gasoline.

Thanks for serving.

Next time, remember to use a gas stabilizer before you go.

This time follow Hello and Caddy’s advice. Remove the current fuel and replace it with new fuel and a new fuel filter. Sea Foam is not a bad idea.

It is possible that it is a problem unrelated to fuel, but it sounds like the typical fuel problem.

Oh yea, please turn off the CAP LOCKS. It makes your message hard to read and it is consider SHOUTING.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/04/09/aa.bad.gas/

Tester

if its belching white fumes,it could be a blown head gasket,check the filler cap and dipstick for signs of white gunge,if it has this its probably the head gasket.if thats ok it could possibly be bad gas,so as others said ,drain the tank and put a few gallons of fresh gas in .