<b></b>Coolant levels drop quickly and car overheating

I drive a 1999 Chevy Malibu. My car overheated the other day so I pulled over and realized the overflow was bone dry. So I added water and finished my trip. By the time I got there the car was overheating again and the overflow was again empty. I have changed the water pump, the thermostat, and the overflow cap. Whats happening now is when I crank it the car Idles fine until it gets warm, then steam starts to come out of the overflow hose coming from the cap. If I drive it not only steam but all my coolant just starts pouring out of this thing. I was told this might mean a busted head, but there is no coolant in my oil or water coming out of my exhaust. Any ideas or suggestions?

It’s obviously leaking out somewhere! You need the whole cooling system pressure tested to see where the coolant goes. You could have a head or intake manifold gasket problem; these models are especially prone to intake manifold problems.

A good shop will quickly find the problem! Stop guessing and throwing parts at it.