Automatic braking while on cruise control

I determined many years ago that military technical manuals are written by people who have never seen the equipment.

My Kia with manual transmission does not do this.
LOLOL....

My Kia with manual transmission does not do this.

Twenty years ago I had a customer complain that their manual transmission didn’t down shift to maintain speed going down hill with the cruise on as stated in the owners manual. The service manager came out to ask what the problem was with this car because the customer also complained to him. Someone had to explain to the customer that only automatic transmissions are capable of this.

I determined many years ago that military technical manuals are written by people who have never seen the equipment.

The TM9-1575 for watches and pocket watches was done fairly well, but then again that was in 1945.

If you’ve got about 40:25 minutes to waste, try

Uncrating and Field Assembly of the P-47 Thunderbolt Fighter - 1944

Although not exactly a tech manual, there was a very detailed manual to go along with it. It’s interesting, nevertheless.

Don’t some cruise controls to keep the speed constant actually apply the brakes in addition to or in lieu of downshifting, when going downhill? I seem to recall having a rental car that did that.