Auto lights

Maybe people like me need automatic lights. I was trying to get the point across to a computer science class about not being overwhelmed when learning a new computer language. I told them to learn the essentials first so that they could begin writing their first program assignment. I told them as you go along you can learn the special features of the computer language. “It’s like driving a car”, I continued. “I only know four things about driving a car. If I turn the wheel clockwise, I go right. If I turn the wheel counterclockwise, I go.left. The right pedal makes it go and the left pedal makes it stop. My wife is the only one who knows how the heating and air conditioning works, so I freeze in the summer and roast in the winter. My son is the only one that can operate the radio, so I have to listen to hard rock at 100 decibels. I have no idea how to turn on the lights or wipers, but lights and wipers are for wimps anyway. Yet, only knowing the basics, I can drive the car anyplace I need to go. If you know the basics of the computer language, you can write your first program assignment”.
One student in the class had to see Mrs. Triedaq who worked in the graduate office. He saw my picture on her desk. May I ask you a question?" ,he said. “Does your husband really drive a car and never use the lights or wipers?”.
My analogy was lost on that student.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that lol.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy: Some people just don’t catch on…