Anyone had a Re-manufactured Engine put into your Honda (or other make), what was your experience?

Most of our kids are older … we provide them vehicles while getting through college (I prefer they put their money towards their loans)… 2 sons just Graduated College… they shared our 1997 Crv for 4 yrs while commuting to college, still running great. Our 4th son will be Graduating this year, then off to College, he will need a vehicle…Daughter Graduating next year…,unless she goes to the same College he does, she will need a car too!

RIght now we have 4 vehicles on our Insurance, one of the sons who Just got his degree, did buy his own Used Crv a couple weeks ago. Youngest is 12… Oldest flew the nest.

You said " You bought a fourteen year old, high mileage vehicle. "… for us… anything less than 100,000 on a Honda - we tend to consider lower mileage… but I know what you mean…these would be High mileage for people who buy NEW…

We bought 2 vehicles in the last 3 months… a 2006 Crv with 86,000 miles (like a new car to me I love it)… and this Pilot with 71,000 miles with this Reman engine… we replaced a 1997 Suburban with well over 200,000 miles on it… still running good but the body is falling apart and wouldn’t pass inspection. The CRV replaced a 1997 Buick Century that was on it’s way to be blowing it’s 2nd Head gasket… just wasn’t worth fixing.

1 Like

Some of you feel I am Obsessing -by these 2 threads I started…Look… this forum is ACTIVE… which is great!.. I am trying to be on top of what my older (but newer to me) Vehicle(s) need, spending time acquiring this information… I enjoy forums along with my own research (but again I am a female and not all that Up on engine/vehicle terminology many times, I tend to post when my Husband is at work but do talk to him about what I learn here)…

I appreciate all the helpful advice, opinions from you Veterans here…