Antifreeze

My car requires that I put antifreeze in it every 2 -3 months or so I have checked it over and over and have found no leaks on the ground or otherwise not sure where its going?

How much do you need to add each time? Does your oil look normal or milky?

the oil is normal I first thought of a Head gasket leak but that is not the case. I will need to add about a quart about every 2-3 months.

What kind of car do you drive? Year, make, model, and mileage please?

How much antifreeze do you have to add every 2-3 months?

I have a 1995 Chevy Lumina has 143,000 miles on it runs great and I have kept on on the maintenance on it. I add about a quart or so.

This car does fall into the Intake manifold leak problems GM had/has on their V6 and V8 engines. Get it checked out. If you’re the original owner then this could be a free fix. Right now it doesn’t sound like a big leak…but you want to take care of this soon. If not it could destroy your engine.

yes I am the original owner of the vehicle, I have never heard of this problem I would always take my car in for Re-calls. Is this a recall for this problem? I will get it checked out. It has been doing this for about 3 years now. I have just been replacing the antifreeze as needed. I did have to keep returning the vehicle when it was new for some type of Plug on the intake but that was a oil leak. I will check it and see Thanks for your information…

At the next oil change take a close look at the oil. When my 2000 Blazer had an intake manifold gasket leak, my mechanic only saw a few drops of coolant in the oil as the last of it drained out. I was losing about a pint a month at the time (2004). Do a search on “Dexcool Settlement” for mor info. Unfortunately, ~Sept 08 was the end date to submit a claim under the settlement.

Ed B.

oh Sept 08 oh well I guess I will just keep putting the cooland in until she gives out on my I will look during the next oil change agin thanks for your help.

yes I am the original owner of the vehicle, I have never heard of this problem I would always take my car in for Re-calls.

It’s a known issues…has been a known issue. MILLIONS of cars built by GM have been effected by this.

http://www.petitiononline.com/GMcnsmrs/petition.html

http://www.intakemanifoldhelp.com/

At the next oil change take a close look at the oil.

I wouldn’t wait until the next oil change. If this is the infamous GM intake manifold problem then it could get much much worse very quickly. Get it checked NOW.

Ok I will do it this weekend.