Altima 2015 Steering issues

My altima is having sudden issues with its steering. When I’m driving straight the steering wheel is slanted to the right and when i accelerate fast it pulls to the right the steering wheel is also not returning to the center after turning. Ive took it to a mechanic and he said it was an alignment issue and that he had fixed it but the same problems are accruing. Ive now took it to a second mechanic that said he will look at it now and get back to me. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be? I really don’t think the first mechanic correctly aligned it.

My 1988 Accord had this symptom and it was a ball joint that lost its grease due to a broken seal boot.
So get your suspension inspected.

1 Like

Also take a look at the tread on the tires. See any weird patterns?

1 Like

Yeah, the pull on acceleration just might be the built in torque steer common on FWD cars.

Swap the front tires left to right. If the pull changes direction, it’s the tires. if the pull doesn’t change direction, it’s in the vehicle - usually alignment or a draggy brake.

3 Likes

Torque steer can be caused by multiple reasons… If a car’s suspension is worn or damaged, such as control arm bushings, CV joints, etc etc can/will play a role in torque steer. Engine/transmission mount(s) damage can cause excess movement during heavy acceleration, as well as torque steer. Difference in tread on your tires as well as air pressure differences can cause torque steer…