Alternator Rebuild as Preventative Maintenance?

but then again, most people do not keep their vehicles for 30-50 years. :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

Admittedly, not everyone sees classic vehicles as ā€œcharmingā€ ā€¦ lol ā€¦

1 Like

Yep we are definitely in the minority. :grinning:

3 Likes

I donā€™t know how elaborate it is, but apparently an EV (or at least Tesla) has a cooling system of some sort. Article says it may be good for the life of the vehicle. But Toyota says the same for my transmission fluid lol.

ā€œIf you have a Tesla, you need to make sure that you understand that you will have to flush the battery coolant. A Tesla does not require a lot of maintenance.ā€

The first sentence seems to contradict the second??? Iā€™m getting one of the headaches again ā€¦ lol ā€¦

1 Like

Followed by:

ā€œIt is possible the coolant will not have to be replaced for the life of the vehicle.ā€ But you need to understand that youā€™ll have to flush it anyway :flushed:

I guess ā€œlife of the vehicleā€ is relative, maybe?

Like I said, no idea how elaborate the cooling system is. Iā€™m going to assume it at least has a pump of some sort to circulate the coolant, though. I have an acquaintance with a Tesla. Iā€™d kind of like to check it out, but Iā€™d have no idea what I was looking atā€¦. Probably canā€™t just ā€œpop the hoodā€ on those.

1 Like