Alternator and Battery failure

If you give another car a jump start with battery cables could you damage your own battery and alternator. I did this for a friend about two years ago and this past week I had to get a new battery and alternator. The original battery and alternator were approx. 5 years old.

2 Years ago? I’m sure you could damage your own charging system but I seriously doubt it would take 2 years to show.

" I did this for a friend about two years ago and this past week I had to get a new battery and alternator. The original battery and alternator were approx. 5 years old."

Sorry but it would seem unlikely that it would have taken two years to show up even if there was damage. 

That said, I suggest that you tell us that make a model car you have.  Some are more sensitive to things like that than others.  You should find out now so you will know, next time someone needs some help.

I find this question to be very odd. Its like asking whether the flat tire you got yesterday was caused by the road debris you ran over 2 years ago.

Alternators & batteries are wear & tear items. They occasionally have to be replaced.

I think maybe you should tell the whole story. Who is mad at whom? And what should the discussion really be about?