This has been discussed some before. But in watching the video about Michelin’s airless tires I can’t help wondering about several things:
- Wear on the outer edges of the tread and how that will affect performance and handling.
- Rocks and other road debris getting lodged in the open baffles and how that might effect the tire.
- Wondering what the already known pros and cons are from using airless tires on military vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Cost compared to tires with air.
- Typical life of airless tires in miles and age.
Etc. etc. etc.