Airbag malfunction

I WAS T-BONED IN AN ACCIDENT AND BADLY INJURED FROM THE KNEE BOLSTER AIRBAG IN A 2007 PACIFICA. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THAT HAPPEN?

Air bags were never intended to prevent injury in the event of a severe collision. They’re intent is to increase the odds that you survive in the event of a severe collision.

Tester

Sorry you were injured.
Airbags are to lessen devastating impacts but may still cause injuries.
Wearing seat-belts?

What is “bolster”?

It’s that sloped surface under the dash board that your knee will hit if you shifted forward in an accident without a seat belt on.

Airbags are designed to work with seat belts. Not wearing a seat belt in an airbag car can cause additional injuries when the airbag is triggered.

The main thing I do not like about airbag systems are that they are designed with a specific body type and size in mind. The further out of those parameters you are, the more dangerous airbags become. Both my wife and my sister are out of these parameters. They sit far too close to the steering wheel. The airbags deploy with more force than a shotgun, and have been known to kill in otherwise survivable accidents. I don’t even like the ‘new’ smarter airbags. They are still dangerous.