Airbag Deployed Without Accident - Warranty has Expired

Only the driver airbag went off?
I wonder if there is a sensor that would set of the driver side but not the passenger.
That might be a clue as to where the problem is.

It was probably a problem with the clock spring behind the steering wheel.

Tester

It won’t set off the passenger bag if there’s nobody in the passenger seat.

Anybody here know if there’s any way to identify a specific errant sensor if there is one?
Tester, do you know if the computer identifies specifics as to a given in its recorded data?
I confess to never having had a reason to research this. But I’d sure like to know.

Suing only works if you are alive to sue. So the bag goes off and causes an accident. It has already been deployed so it can’t go off when you need it most. Slow speed not a big deal. 90% of my mileage is going 65-80 mph.

Wrong, surviving family members can also sue.

Still that does you no good. Your family can own a mechanic shop after you die. They hopefully would rather have you.

Doh! So obvious! A sprocket in my head must be missing a cog!

You must live where it is not hot and humid long enough to be included in the recall.

Actually no 2003 Trailblazers are under recall, seems most of the deaths have been in Hondas, none in Trailblazers.

LOL, I personally have lost enough marbles to play a full game of aggies!
It’s tough being human… :rofl:

My 2005 Accord EX V6 was not part of the recall. I checked several ties, but no dice.

Just does not seem right

Not ALL Takata air bags are subject to recall, however air bags subject to recall keeps expanding.
If your car is on the list, it is on the list no matter where you live but hot&humid areas have priority. They are recalled for expelling shrapnel, not for deploying unexpectedly.
Note: OP Navigator is not on the list.

C&D has extensive update list. Here is one such update.

UPDATE 7/11/2017, 4:00 p.m.: Takata is recalling another 2.7 million airbag inflators in the United States for rupturing. Unlike all the other 100 million inflators recalled globally to date, these inflators contain a moisture-absorbing desiccant. Until now, Takata had said that only non-desiccated inflators were at risk for exploding shrapnel during a crash. These driver’s-side front airbags were manufactured between 2005 and 2012 and were installed on Ford, Mazda, and Nissan vehicles, Takata said in a NHTSA filing. Only inflators with the desiccant calcium sulfate are currently under recall; these inflators still contain the propellant ammonium nitrate. The affected automakers will release separate recalls at a later date.