Air intake manifold swollen with air

The intake was going back toward atmospheric from the previous vacume condition with a throttle blip… Also it was not rapidly vibrating at the speed that would be in tune with intake valve movement.

His manifold shouldn’t be moving at all…so it at the very least points to some type of failure in the plastic intake. Nothing good could come from a moving intake as seen in the video.

1 Like

Is this engine turbocharged?

No…it is N/A

It sounds like the support ribs on the underside of the manifold are broken.

1 Like

hello :slight_smile: so, i ended up taking the car to a shop. it looks like it is the Lambda probe and I also had a broken hose somewhere. $ 250 and it should be like new.

Fancy name for an oxygen sensor.

That is good and was mentioned prior along with the MAF sensor… But the question remains…Does that manifold still move like it was doing? Methinks it does. The engine falling on its face the way it was when you attempted to drive it lead a few of us to suspect the MAF and or O2 sensors.

But I bet that manifold is still moving as nothing has been done to address it and it may have been moving for a long long time. It likely moves less now that the engine is fueling itself properly and not falling on its face, so the movement will be less pronounced. It suggests that the internals of that plastic have gotten tired…sooner or later it will begin to leak air… Cross that bridge when you get to it.

Glad you got it solved, many of us offered up clues to get you to the solution, but we wound up discussing the why’s of the manifold more than focusing on what parts could be the culprit of the poor running condition. Oh well…again, glad you are all fixed up