Air freshener ruined my radio dials!

I had one of those little air fresheners of liquid oil that you attach to your fan vent. It has dripped onto my fan controls and radio controls and ruined the finish. It looks like someone burned them with a cigarette and the paint has blistered up and peeled away to the white background. Any idea how I can get it looking half way decent again? Chrysler Pacifica if that matters. thanks.

Replacement knobs are available either at the Dealer at the place the radios are refurbished or the junkyard.

Thanks for the answer, but I don’t think it will help me. You see, after closely looking at these controls, I don’t think they come out; they seem to be part of the console or dash. Once the damage occurred, you can see that they are actually white underneath and have black vinyl decals or stickers applied over them. The decals have the words cut into them, so that the white shows thru and the backlight makes them glow in the dark. I will contact Chrysler though to see if they have replacement stickers. Sounds pretty cheap, huh? Until they melted, it did look like they were painted on.

Air fresheners are loaded with powerful chemicals. The countertops at my last job were stained with coffee cup rings, ink and markers. Nothing would remove them until I discovered that the air freshener spray that we used would dissolve anything. I spent about 30 minutes cleaning them with the spray and the countertop sparkled like new. I even let the company that made the product aware of this new use but they were afraid it might damage some surfaces. They were content with thinking inside the box.

I think Stephan revived a 11 year old thread with Stealth advertising @cdaquila

Unless he edited the post, he never mentioned a particular brand…so it would be difficult to call that advertising unless he’s advertising for the entire air freshener industry.

I’m off to scrub old oil stains with those little pine scented trees now.

2 Likes

John , the post is gone so apparently the moderators also thought that it was stealth advertising.

3 Likes

Yeah I wonder what it was too. Sounded like a spray though not a pine tree. It was right about the ad for anti snoring devices and right on the side of some pretty black dresses. I never searched for either but there they are. I don’t mind a little info on products that work.