Air filter fire

Those people have not been here in at least 2 years and what their insurance did means nothing. Your insurance will decide and telling them that an unknown person from the internet said something will not influence them at all.

Not sure if this email will get to polychro but yes insurance covered all the repairs. Just had to pay my deductible. It was covered under comprehensive. Hope that helps and good luck!

I never did buy the cigarette theory and donā€™t think there was any conclusive answer.

1 Like

Hi, polychro. Two years later, and my Sienna is running well. In answer to your question, my insurance covered all but the $500 deductible. I told the insurance company that I thought the dealership was being a little sketchy in their diagnosis, but they couldnā€™t have cared less. They just wrote the check and moved on. When I wrote about my concerns to Toyota, I got a form letter back, saying there was no indication of any kind of design flaw. Of course. At least the car has had no troubles.I still donā€™t like the dealership, and theyā€™ve been underhanded in subsequent dealings as well, which makes me question their original diagnosis.

Thanks Arlo89
There is definitely a problem and it is hard to believe that Toyota is unaware of it. Perhaps the complaints are not at the level to make them admit that there is a problem. The symptoms are so similar in the three cases in your original thread that should give them a clue. When my daughter was describing what happened it was as if she was reading out loud your original post.
Best regards
Ven P.

I recently have had a customer with a 2003 Tacoma 3.4 that had some burn marks on his air filter and a code stored for a/f sensor, which was shorting out and replaced. I started looking around online out of curiosity to see if it was a common issue and came upon this thread which brought back an old memory- my good friend had a 2004 Pontiac Vibe (pretty much a Toyota Matrix if Iā€™m correct?). He took. Fairly good care of it and never had any major issues. In 2013, the car had about 80k miles on it. He drive it less than 2 blocks from his house to another friends place for a bbq, parked his car, went inside and ten minutes later was told by someone that his car was on fire outside. The car burnt to the ground. He later said he noticed all of the dash lights come on and flicker while he was driving there but didnā€™t think too much of it. Never got an answer as to what the cause was