A woman is reunited with her first car

Those old Beetles and Bus’s bring back many good memories but NONE of the car itself.

Wipers that wouldn’t clear rain, defrosters and heaters that didn’t, more prone to rollover than Corvairs, a gas tank located above your knees as your first line of defense in a front end collision and these Beetles were actually a whole lot better than the Bus’s.
But on the plus side, it would rust out so fast that it would end up in the junk yard before anything serious could happen.

In hindsight, I have a theory that the only reason our parents let their teenagers run around in these things was because after the Depression and WW2, in comparison a Beetle wasn’t any more risky than say an invasion beach landing.:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Here’s one…

Truly a life lived unfulfilled. That guy is a little looney. since it’s Canadian, I wonder if they got miles and kilometers mixed up or something.

With the ease of parts repair and replacement, it just takes time (and a nut behind the wheel) to put lots of miles on a Beetle.

It’s possible, but being that it’s Canada, eh, there’s not much to do except take the long way to go everywhere for something to do or go home and be bored to death, eh.

Since he spent so much time avoiding his wife, she can’t be much of a prize or she can’t stand him for too long, eh. That is a truly miserable existence.
Nut job, eh?
CSA
:evergreen_tree::sunglasses::evergreen_tree:

If someone gave me back my first car I would assume I had upset them in some way! :joy:

3 Likes