A teen with a dream...and a wrench

If things in Egypt are anything like in the US I would not recommend a German car, except possibly a VW. Parts tend to be expensive and repairs can be frequent. A Corolla or Lancer might not be flashy but either will be cheaper to own. Speaking of Lancers, as a matter of personal preference I’d avoid models with the CVT automatic transmission. A stick should be fine.

1 Like

+1
I will leave it up to the OP to confirm or deny my statement, but my recollection is that almost all vehicles in The Middle East have a stick shift, with automatics–of any kind–being relatively rare, and sometimes impossible to find.

I’m planning on buying a manual either way, i think they are more fun, lancers and corollas are quite common so they are not flashy, german stuff is generally expensive anyways, so yeah, i won’t go for that as a first choice, maybe later on an older model of BMW, maybe e36 or e46 but not the m3 coz they are more expensive

no actually, automatics are not that rare, my parents atm own 2 automatic cars, most if not all of my friend’s parents do own automatics (we don’t own cars since the license is from 18 years old, so we get out first by then or by 19 years old, sometimes older depending on the parents opinion and financial situation), back to the topic, autos are not that rare, nor manuals, so it’s easy to find a manual and an auto if the car was produced both