A roundup of discontinued models for 2025

With the Mitsubishi Mirage reaching the end of the road in The US, the only really cheap new car will be the Nissan Versa.

Isn’t the end of the road where Mirages shine?

Another economical car bites the dust. I am surprised Mitsubishi is still in the US.

1 Like

Most surprising: Ford Edge, it’s a very popular market segment, and they’re abandoning it?

2 Likes

As the article said, Ford makes a ton of money on the F-series and can’t keep up with demand. I imagine that the employees at the Ontario plant are thrilled to build F-series trucks.

Also, Ford may want to move to EVs in the crossover market. I suspect that the replacement in the midsize crossover will not be a hybrid, even though they sell them in China. Popularity of the Edge is waning everywhere, although it recovered in 2023 to about the lever of 2020.

I’m surprised about Chevy dropping the Camaro (again)… wonder what will be taking it’s place??..

I think Nissan dropping the Titan will hurt them, they will loose the big truck market… most are still not ready for EV’s, much less work EV trucks…

No surprise on the TRX with the Hemi gone now, well soon…

I know the JDM tuners are upset about the GT-R being gone soon…

Rest, just don’t care… lol… An none of them will affect me… :grin:

2 Likes

The Hyundai Elantra is still around $21K. I consider that cheap.

Same for Toyota Corolla, starts at $22,000… And I consider it top-tier compact…

The local dealers don’t have any Corollas in stock, for the last couple months my local dealers haven’t had any cars, only trucks and SUVs.

One dealer shows 25 cars “In transit” and 75 cars "in “Build Phase”. One Toyota Crown.

Any new cars available in your area?

[quote=“davesmopar, post:5, topic:195719”]
I think Nissan dropping the Titan will hurt them, they will loose the big truck market
[/quote].

They are basically out of it anyway. Their maximum sales were in 2019 at 34,321. Compare that to the 2023 sales of 19,190. Ford sold 1,170,120 in 2018, their highest yearly sales. That’s 20,575 per week. It took Ford 2 weeks to outsell the Titan’s best year.

1 Like

Cars.com is showing 51 new Corollas within 30 miles of me, but I don’t know how many are actually on the lots.

Back to the Edge - Ford can’t build multiple models? They’ve already abandoned sedans, now they’re abandoning CUVs? They already have an EV in that size, and EV sales are not going to replace gas/hybrid CUVs in the near future. What happens in a few years if pickups go out of fashion?

They could, but maybe they can’t afford to. It’s an aging platform and faces stiff competition. A few of its higher ranked competitors cost a lot less (Kia, Hyundai) and retooling an old design appears to be off the table for this model.

Must be, just tells me Ford can’t compete, soon to become a pickups-only brand. Sad.

Ford dropped the Fiesta . We had a 2018 and still would have it but times change and we only need the one vehicle now. It got decent mpg, was comfotable on a 1500 mile vacation .

The Bronco and Bronco Sport each outsell the Edge.

The local Dealer shows 2 Corolla LE’s but if you build the same car on Toyota’s site and look for inventory both are listed as sale pending. Dealer just to the south only has one of the 6 Le’s available with four of them scheduled for production or in transit to the dealer.

The closest Toyota (Toyota North) dealer has 3 in stock and one in transit, due by the 22nd…
Next (Beaman) one has 16 in stock and a lot more on the way…
And then there is another one east of me about the same distance as Nashville is from me…didn’t check how many they had…

But this is also the middle of August, don’t the 2025 model year start coming in next month, or very soon??

Production usually begins in September however, the Toyota dealers in my area didn’t have any “left over” 2024 model year cars in June or July. These dealers usually have 100 cars and 200 SUVs, I have been wondering what impeded production this time.

1 Like

It is cheap, but the Mirage’s pricing started at ~$19k, and the Nissan Versa’s pricing starts at less than $20k. Neither you nor I would be interested in cars like that, but a difference of $1k-2k could be important for people who are looking for a new car in that price range.

Correct! Yesterday, I saw a new 2025 Forester.

1 Like

What the sam hill have they done to the poor girl?..