A new use for traffic circles!

‘In Oslo, according to Reuters, tradition calls for recent high school graduates to participate in “Russ,” a several-weeks-long party that includes drinking, nudity and public sex, sometimes resulting in fatal car crashes. So this year, the Public Roads Administration issued a statement on April 18 headlined “No to sex on roundabouts,” warning that students should refrain from running naked and having sex on bridges and roundabouts, because such behavior gives drivers “too much of a surprise.” Terje Moe Gustavsen, head of the administration, said: “Everyone understands that being in and around roundabouts is a traffic hazard. It may not be so dangerous for someone to be without clothes on the bridge, but drivers can … completely forget that they are driving.” [Reuters, 4/18/2018]’

I’ll do my best to refrain from public nudity and sex, because that which has been seen…CAN NEVER BE UNSEEN!

2 Likes

Back in my adolescent years, I was doing some of the usual aimless driving-around late at night with a friend. We spotted an old toilet that had been left in front of somebody’s house for pick-up by the trash collectors (assuming that they would actually pick-up something like that…), and I had a stroke of evil genius. There was a tiny round-about in one of the local parks, so we picked up the toilet, put it in the trunk, and “installed” it in the center of that mini-roundabout. Of course, the next day I drove back to see if it was still there, and it actually remained there for 2 days until the municipal park guys hauled it away.

Yes, this was definitely a juvenile stunt, but it really did look pretty funny in the middle of the roundabout, and I’m willing to bet that a few other people also got a chuckle from our stunt.
:wink:

2 Likes

I never saw anything like that in Oslo but maybe I should go back again and take a closer look. My wife will be there next week so I’ll tip her off to take pictures.