98 honda crv wont start

Driven 30 miles with the oil pressure warning light on or some other light on?

Driving without oil pressure will bring an end to an engine. If you believe the camshaft has seized remove and inspect some of the camshaft caps, should only take a few minutes.

I wonder, what things in an engine can cause the timing belt to jump time? I’ve never had this problem, so just guessing. But I’m thinking it would be anything that’s dragging on or causing an uneven force imparted on the cam sprockets. I mean besides obvious stuff like a worn belt or worn sprockets.

• Crankshaft not turning smoothly, but instead jumping forward in spurts, or suddenly not moving at the same speed, slower or faster, as it was. If the crank bearings, esp the main bearings, were sticky for example. “Sticky” could be a spun or worn out bearing shell, etc.
  • Camshaft bearings sticky.
  • Proper tension not being kept on timing belt. Bad or improperly adjusted tensioner for example.
  • Timing belt moving off track from the position on the sprockets it is supposed to be on. And the edge hitting something.
  • Valve sticking, broken valve spring, preventing camshaft lobe from moving across the lifter smoothly