7 months and everything is still the same

I too got the impression that the dealer was an option for the troubleshooting. I have used this once, I paid for one hours troubleshooting and then did the repair myself. Dealer mechanics have access to diagnostics that are not available to the rest of us. When I did this, I talked with the mechanic before I approved the work, and I only needed a minute of his time.

tsmb, you may be right that it is the ECU. What I meant was that this is a cooling system problem, not an engine problem, so the 04 engine was not part of the problem. The ECU is part of the loop in controlling the fans. It is also possible the the ECU is responsible for the AC issues too.

Got it Keith. I misunderstood the first time.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we’ll never find out.

I wasn’t real clear on that and I see how you drew that conclusion.

No good dead goes unpunished.

@UC … A classic Corolla-mod fan I see! Great! There’s a guy in my neck of the woods, as his hobby, he buys older Corollas, usually from the late 80’s, sometimes he combines the parts from two cars to make one, etc, and rebuilds the engine to higher compression, performance, sometime w/a blower, tunes the PROMS on the ECM to change the tuning to produce more low end torque, like what you’d like for a roadster, and changes the suspensions to make them stiffer for tight cornering, repaints & details them so they look like brand new, and sells them to other Corolla-mod enthusiasts. I guess there’s enough of these Corolla enthusiasts he has no trouble finding buyers. He only does Corollas. Easier and less expensive he says to get parts for these beasts. Like the VW Beetles in the 60’s and 70’s I guess. Plus the Corolla’s are reliable so they can last for years and years even after the mods.

@UC I don’t even know if you’re still reading this.

But . . . I would never want to work on your car.

You disrespected me and my entire profession.

We’re not all greedy, incompetent and dishonest.

Have you ever even considered that a trained mechanic might be more able to diagnose and fix your car than you?

We’re not all idiots, you know.

Actually, I suppose you wouldn’t know that.

Personally, I’m not buying for one minute the “found what you needed to know” BS. Seven months of a dog chasing its tail replacing fuses and head gaskets en masse and we’re expected to believe that conveniently you sorted it all out now?

Anyone who turns wrenches for a living in an independent shop or dealership will run into train wrecks like this all the time.

Normally I don’t get too crass but you’re coming across as the poster child for the small percentage of service desk customers who should be sent packing immediately.
YOU’RE the one who stated that if backed into a corner with no way out you were handing it off to someone else.

For some reason I’m starting to see a huge airdam, yellow trinkets, and a Top Fuel wing on the back… :wink: